Quick and easy overnight oats inspired by one of my favourite flavour combos, the mighty carrot cake! This will help keep you energised & feeling fuller for longer. The recipe can easily be scaled up to make a bigger batch, and will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Top Tip: Soaking grains, nuts & seeds overnight before eating them helps your body digest them more easily, while also making the nutrients more bioavailable.
Ingredients (makes 1)
- 1/2 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (can be substituted for buckwheat groat)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup OR 1 medjool date chopped up
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Optional add ins: walnuts, raisins, coconut flakes
- Add all the ingredients to a jar with a lid, stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge overnight to soak
Photos by Claire Fulton Studio